Text Widget

Thoughts from a father, husband, son, Boulder native pro triathlete, coach, and optimist.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Weekly Training Log: Week of January 6th, 2014: Detours

I took a few days off this week to get down to Houston and see my Nana (please read previous post below about that).  It was emotionally tough, but good.  Work continues to be great, and the struggles of raising a three year old are there, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  All in all, 2014 has started out in a good way.

I had an awesome workout of 5 x 10 minute intervals at or around FTP on the bike on Tuesday that gave me a nice confidence boost on the bike.  I have come to the realization that I have never trained properly for the bike, so I am excited to get after it this year.  I am hopeful that with a power meter as a tool, I can make some meaningful gains on my cycling.

The overall volume is still low, and I think this will continue through mid February.  I am fine with this, and prepared to rely on many years training for this stuff to get me through Ironman Texas, then build real volume into Ironman Boulder and Ironman Louisville.

Overall, it was a successful week.  Look for volume and overall training load to build from here on out.

GO BRONCOS!



Swim: 0
Bike: 4 hours/86 miles
Run: 34.3 miles



Had people over for the Broncos divisional round playoff Sunday

Im lacking in pictures this week


Lobsters - Big bugs


While in Houston, I was able to see my Aunt and Uncle - Jan is the one on the right



No comments:

Post a Comment