Text Widget

Thoughts from a father, husband, son, Boulder native pro triathlete, coach, and optimist.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Weekly Training Log: Week of June 16th, 2014: Healed achilles to a crash on the bike

In Training:  Training ended up being a mirror image of last weeks efforts and work with the exception of some solid increase in the intensity that I was able to sustain on two feet.  I really felt my lower left leg (Achilles) turn the corner and get much, much better.  On Friday, I finally did a build 10k with 3 miles after that, and did it under 40 minutes (not that fast, but a start). Then the next day I pumped out a 16 mile run @ 6:50 pace and felt great.  Ps - in the HOKA ONE ONEs
My bike continues to stay steady as I have made no real effort to push up my FTP or upper limits.  I think I'll incorporate a few tough trainer sessions to recruit some past awesomeness, but overall, the bike feels good.


Big thing that happened on Sunday was a nice wreck on the bike.  I pulled my groin, cracked a rib,and scraped my arm.... BUT - the bike is fine.  Gonna take a few days off running and see where I am.



In Life:  The week was good.  Beth is still in work at her school in Longmont and Aiden has been going to day camp from 8:30 - 12:30 every M/W/F.  I am able to fit in workouts and naps when i can here, but I look so forward to seeing what Aiden has done during his morning.
We all went to a Rockies game on Saturday and had some crap seats way up.  That didn't matter at all, and we had a wonderful time as a family watching the damn (cmön Rox). Then had a great time getting the bus home.

Life is great, bring on summer training week #2


Swim: 1.5k yards
Bike: 154 miles/454 TSS
Run: 45 miles 



First long run since IMTX - Felt great and achilles @ 95%

Roads are still not back to 100% open since the floods last September

Picking Aiden up from his morning "camp"


Aides first ever baseball practice - The YMCA "mini sliders" program

Friday

Saturday, post long run baseball game.  Bad seats, but baseball none the less.  Game #7 of the season for me


Some of the blood from the wreck.  I was lucky with the amount of road rash - nothing too serious.

Cracked helmet = new helmet

No comments:

Post a Comment