Text Widget

Thoughts from a father, husband, son, Boulder native pro triathlete, coach, and optimist.

Monday, October 26, 2015

Weekly Training Log: Week of October 19th, 2015 - Week #40: The 2015 Home Stretch

In Life:  Halloween has been something that my son has been looking forward to for months.  No kidding, months.  I don't know how he became so into creepy stuff, but he is.  He loves tv shows and movies that are scary and likes to talk about ghosts and haunted houses and such.  Exact opposite as me.  I do not do scary stuff.
My wife went up to Estes Park and did a murder mystery dinner with my sister on Friday evening, so I took Aiden to his second movie of the week.  We saw Hotel Transelvania 2.  We had a "Trunk or Treat" on Saturday to kick off the Halloween week.  Broncos had a bye week, but my Sunday was still filled with NFL games.

All in all, it was a good week.



In Training: I continue to tough out all of my training indoors and am enjoying it.  It's been safe and predictable - and completely controlled.  The best purchase that I made this season was my Nordic Track C1750 Treadmill that I am using all the time.  I am able to get up at four and do bricks no problem.  I have everything I need right at home (minus the pool) to get stuff done.
I have had three solid hard weeks on the bike and hope that I am okay on the bike in Arizona - I don't think that I'll ride outside before then.



Weekly Totals
Swim: 7,000yds 
Bike: 212.4 miles
Run: 31.9 miles



Aiden made this purchase in Chattanooga.  It's rare to ever need an umbrella in Colorado


"trunk or treat" - Aiden with his cousins

Mom, Dad, Erin after the kids got some candy



No comments:

Post a Comment