Text Widget

Thoughts from a father, husband, son, Boulder native pro triathlete, coach, and optimist.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Weekly Training Log: Week of February 3rd, 2014: Learning to use my trainer, and still taking it easy on the run.

In training:  Great week with less training than I wanted, but it was quality work none the less.

This past week, I continued on the path of working hard quality sessions in on the bike and trainer, while taking it fairly easy on my run.  100% of the runs were done on a treadmill (only 3), and I had one key run last Thursday that fed me some confidence about where I am.

I will continue to take the run fairly easy for the rest of this block.  I'll project 35 miles for this week, and about 40 next, then start trying to up the run milage while keeping the bike intensity and volume there for the next four week segment of IMTX training.  I am glad that I don't have the pressure of adding in racing of the Boston Marathon in April - This will hopefully keep me injury free and give me some more time to ramp up to peak Ironman marathon shape.

The swim training will be added in on Monday the 17th.  Exactly three months from IM #1 of the year.

In real life:  It was a typical week and great weekend.  Highlights included a great Friday evening with my brother in law and sister in law for a few drinks and some food.  Then, on Saturday, we went to meet my friends (JD and Mary White's) new 11 day old baby in Thornton, CO.  I am very happy that they decided to go the route of having a child.  They are going to be great parents indeed!



Swim: 0
Bike: 7.05 hours/155 miles/520 TSS
Run: 26.2 miles


Newer position from a new stem.  I feel low, and that's where my flexibility is keeping me (for now)

Tempo 10k from Feb 6th - Gradual build from 9.2 to 10.6mph.  37:38 comfortably

I love Fridays

This is Reagan White.  He's going to tower over me someday!  No joke .

JD, Aiden, and Reagan.  

The fit that led us to leave JD and Mary's place kept the kid sleeping through dinner

Sunday morning trainer party. 


The start list came out this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment