Text Widget

Thoughts from a father, husband, son, Boulder native pro triathlete, coach, and optimist.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Weekly Training Log: Week of February 10th, 2014: Living the dream

In training: So here ends my first of four three week builds towards Ironman Texas, and life is good.  I feel in control, fit, and happy with the balance of work, training, and family life.  The normal volume of training that I like to hit during IM training blocks is usually 200+ miles on bike/week, and 40 miles of run/week.  Although I was a bit lower than this, the quality (especially on the bike) of training was at a very high level.


In life:  Is it spring yet?

Aiden is finally sleeping a bit better again and that is making for a much happier mom and dad at home.  I did have to take Wednesday off of work (and training) because I felt that I was fighting some infection that just wouldn't give up.  I ate all day and layed on the couch and slept - it was awesome.

For valentines day, Beth and I did a simple dinner out at our local Indian establishment and then watched some Olympics.  Sunday, we went to the CU women's basketball game, then out to eat/get drinks with brother/sister in law.

Life is good and I'm living a dream.



Swim: 0
Bike: 9.1 hours/200 miles/632 TSS
Run: 30.2 miles




Picked for the half time game. I lost.


The first time I had seen him do this - fell asleep on the couch next to me.




Beth got Aiden on the bike.  Used the pedals all by himself!



No comments:

Post a Comment