Text Widget

Thoughts from a father, husband, son, Boulder native pro triathlete, coach, and optimist.

Friday, December 12, 2014

Weekly Training Log: December 1st, First Training week of 2015

So it starts - The push for another good season in 2015 begins.  I really think that I have another "gear" inside, thus I really want this next year to be a breakthrough.  Only time and hard work will tell.

I have taken a very nice, long stretch of two months full of unstructured and fun workouts.  During this time I have stayed fit, I have set a PR in the 10k (35:52), and have raised my FTP on the bike quite substantially (around 290w).  I have also gained quite a few pounds and have enjoyed not feeling like I need to get a workout in every single day.  I am remaining in offseason mode through mid January, but I'm aiming at upping the training volume starting now.

Oh, and I have actually been swimming every single week.  Not much, but some.

So now is the time where I am ready to refocus my energy and get some structure back and really focus on my goals for the next season.  I have some big ones for next year and I am ready and motivated to start working towards them.


I am half done with my season wrap-up/Kona race recap and will post asap.  Happy December.


Weekly Totals

Swim: 2,300 yards (plan on very small amounts like this to keep a feel for the water through winter)
Bike: 408 TSS - 6 hours (all trainer - most are threshold/VO2 workouts)
Run: 44.1 miles





We got our Christmas tree on Monday.  Aiden has been very into the holidays this year.  




I have started to take the kid to Burger King a little too much lately.  On the days when I pick him up in the car after school, he almost automatically assumes that he's going to get a "hangebuuur."

I took Beth down to Denver on Friday.  We stayed a night at the Magnolia right near 16th street and watched the parade of lights/enjoyed dinner and drinks.


On Saturday, we went to see the CU christmas choral/insturmental concert

No comments:

Post a Comment