Text Widget

Thoughts from a father, husband, son, Boulder native pro triathlete, coach, and optimist.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Weekly Training Log: Week of August 31st, 2015 - Week #33: Visit from my Grandfather and the Last Baseball Game of 2015

In Life:  It was a nice week at work, then my Grandfather  and uncle came for a visit on Friday.  We had planned on having them out to go to another four generation baseball game on Sunday.  My Dad's father is almost 80 and baseball has always been a big part of our lives.  We met up and went to a great dinner on Friday in Boulder, then went down to Coors Field on Sunday for the game, then ended up with a dinner up at my parents that evening.  It was a great end of the summer thing to do.


In Training: I had a fairly hard week of training.  It was less swimming than I really would have liked, but the work I was able to put in on the bike was pretty good.  Most of it was on the trainer and was intense/short threshold sessions.  I have Ironman Chattanooga coming up on the schedule, so I am hoping that the bike work will pay off in a few weeks.




Weekly Totals
Swim: 8,200 yds 
Bike: 223.5ish miles (mostly on Trainer)
Run: 33.3 miles




My Dad, Son, Grandfather, and me

When one spoon isn't enough


Four generations.  That's a peanut in Aidens mouth.

My uncle Tim, Dad, and me

This is the week that Aiden really got into Legos.  I was a huge fan of Legos growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment