Text Widget

Thoughts from a father, husband, son, Boulder native pro triathlete, coach, and optimist.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Kona 2014: Day Three

Daily Taper Training:  6.5 miles of running and 32 miles of riding

Day 3: Slide/Fun/MNF/Fun/Swimming/Running and Riding



The day started out with a six mile treadmill run.  I had a few little pick ups, but for the most part it was nice and relaxed.



After the quick run I had a nice paper reading session/breakfast with Mom, Dad, and Aiden.  Enjoyed the best breakfast ever again.



Right after breakfast I took Aiden for a little walk down by the ocean.  



We took a selfie to send to Beth


Mom and Dad took Aiden for a drive down south.  This gave me time for a 45 minute nap and a ride out on the Queen K.  The bike was good and winds were "calm."

I am aiming to keep around a 210w average power for this race and I think I will be good to go with that.  Much of the bike course (first 40 miles/last 30 miles looks a lot like this.  Surface of the moon.





On the drive that everyone else took, they were able to go to a black sand beach and go over to Captain Cook.  I think that's were the poor guy was killed?


After the ride, I sat down and wrote my blog for the first two days here.  The kid was back and it was swim time.

See?  Swim with me daddy.


Facetime to Beth/Mommy


He probably hit up the slide about 20 or so times that day?



The Monday Night Football game was sort of interesting for a while so I sat around and watched it at the bar and grabbed a glass of wine. 

Mom and Dad sat and watched the little dude go down that slide then go back up it.


Dad and I had a beer/wine on the Lanai


And watched a pretty good sunset


Headed down to grab another great meal at the restaurant at the hotel.



Boom.  Day three down - Registration for the big one starts tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment